I have several friends, that I have made my chicken casserole for, that have asked me for my recipe. This recipe is one that I use a lot, some of the measurements are just a guess at this point. Also, just as a side note, I am the only person in my house who eats this casserole, so this recipe lasts me for several days, the portions of this recipe are unknown but I can put a suggestion in just in case you need to double or half this dish.
Serving size: Yields 8 plates
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
4-6 Medium to Large Chicken Breasts
1 10oz can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
1 10oz can Campbell’s Cream of Celery (or Cream of Mushroom, which ever you prefer)
1 8oz sour cream
Pack of Yolk noodles
1 1/2 tubes of Ritz crackers
1TBS of salt
- In a large pot, fill with enough water to boil the chicken breasts, add salt to season chicken and cover for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Preheat oven to 375°F
- When the chicken is no longer pink, pull the chicken out of the water , place into a bowl , but DO NOT drain the water, fill the pot with the yolk noodles and bring to a boil. With the chicken in the bowl shred the chicken, either with two forks or with a hand mixer on the lowest setting.
- Once the chicken is shredded empty the contents of the soup cans and the sour cream into the bowl with the chicken and mix until consistent.
- If the noodles are not fully cooked yet (or you have decided to wait to cook them), now would be a good time to put the 2TBS of butter into a microwaveable bowl and heat until melted. Crush Ritz and mix into the melted butter, this will be used as a crust.
- At this time your noodles should be finished cooking and you have strained them. Grease a 9×13 glass pan with some cooking spray so nothing sticks. You can now put the noodle in the bottom of the pan, or you can just now cook them so you can have them as a side with the casserole. Empty the chicken mix into the pan, on top of the noodles, and smooth so you can evenly distribute the Ritz and butter mixture to form a nice crust.
- Place into oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until the Ritz crust is golden in color and there is no more bubbling in the center.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It is one of my favorites and lasts me a couple of days because I am the only one in my house who eats it! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to comment below or to send me an email at email@example.com!